[sheepdog-users] sheepfs vdi snapshot access

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Thu Jun 12 15:46:11 CEST 2014

I've modified the wiki to include an example of cloning a snapshot and mounting it.

On 06/12/2014 09:14 AM, Andrew J. Hobbs wrote:

I was thinking about this last night, and actually the functionality is
there already...  But you have to be creative.

First, you don't want the original snapshot to change.  Clone it.

Then proceed as normal with sheepfs and mounting the new <target vdi>.
Advantage is that any changes to the underlying volume occur to the
clone which can be discarded after access.