[sheepdog-users] vdi stalled with 2 out of 3 node online

richter at ecos.de richter at ecos.de
Wed Mar 26 09:20:32 CET 2014

Hi,

last Friday one of my three nodes has left the cluster (I don't have any
idea why). A "dog node recovery" shows "Waiting for other nodes to join
cluster".

The other two nodes worked as expected. On Monday evening one VM stopped
working (also stop and start of the VM didn't change anything).

Now I have restarted sheepdog on the node that was not joining the cluster
anymore, it joined the cluster, does a recovery and the VM on the other
node, that didn't worked before, now works as expected (and _
no
_ data was lost :-)

If I a have a cluster with three node and number of copies is set to three,
why does a VM stop working, if two nodes up and running? Moreover, it is
strange that it stopped after three days.

I am running 0.8.0 (and will hopefully upgrade to 0.8.1 this weekend)

Thanks & Regards

Gerald