[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog design architecture

Giovanni Bellac giovannib1979 at ymail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:33:37 CET 2014

Hello world,

what is the recommend architecture for a sheepdog setup with, lets say, 5-8x storage nodes with each 16x 3TB discs ?

Our goal is reliability and performance. We are using 10Gbit/s as our storage network.

These are the different ways for us:

1) Traditional Hardware RAID Controller with RAID Array (e. g. RAID6 or RAID10)

2) Sheepdog Mutli Disk without using any RAID (just JOBD via RAID Controller)
How reliable is the Sheepdog Multi Disk feature ?

Kind regards
Giovanni