[sheepdog-users] Live migration of VM disk from one sheepdog node to another

Andrew J. Hobbs ajhobbs at desu.edu
Mon Mar 10 05:50:34 CET 2014

This would seem to be the easiest solution.  Alternately, it might be worth looking at iSCSI with Sheepdog providing the backing store for iSCSI.   At that point, Qemu is talking iSCSI not sheepdog, and that is one of the live migration supported protocols.

I've tried running a sheepdog gateway, and then using QEMU to connect to the remote sheepdog before.  The performance was quite poor that way.

In either case, I'd recommend starting out from the beginning with zookeeper.  The configuration is quite modest, and the peace of mind will be worth it.  Corosync falls over fairly easily under moderate load.

Andrew Hobbs