[sheepdog-users] Testing snapshot-object-reclaim

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 13:27:00 CET 2014

At Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:10:23 +0100,
Valerio Pachera wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
>
> > Thanks a lot for the log. BTW, was the log produced by the node 0? I
> > want to confirn this point.
>
> No, the log is from node 2.
> I imported the vdi from node 0 but the guest was running on node 2.
>
> > Can I see an output of "tree <sheepdog dir>" direct after this status?
> > I want to know what kind of object is consuming disk space.
>

> It's attached.

Thanks for your log. BTW, I think your problem is caused by a bug
which is already in the discard operation. For solving the problem, I
required to change both of sheepdog and qemu.

The change of sheepdog side is pushed to our tree:
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/tree/snapshot-object-reclaim

The change of QEMU side is pushed to here:
https://github.com/sheepdog/qemu/tree/snapshot-object-reclaim

Could you update both of sheepdog and qemu, then test it again?

Thanks,
Hitoshi