[sheepdog-users] Testing snapshot-object-reclaim

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 16:29:54 CET 2014

At Fri, 14 Mar 2014 17:49:19 +0100,
Valerio Pachera wrote:

> > 1. Are you using debian wheezy?
>
> yes.
>
> > 2. Can you reproduce the problem wit ordinal replicated VDIs (e.g. -c
> > 3)?
>
> I'm going to test it.
> Do I use master branch of qemu?

The branch wouldn't matter. BTW, I could reproduce your problem on my
environment. The installation process of debian wheezy failed. But the
problem could be reproduced with stable-0.7 sheepdog and stable-1.6
QEMU surprisingly. In addition, the installation process can be done
successfully even with the branch snapshot-object-reclaim (both of
sheepdog and QEMU) when I used ext4.

> Ps:
> Does it matter if I upgrade my kernel?
> I wish to upgrade the kernel for reasons not related to sheep dog.

Based on the above experiment, updating the kernel of the installer
has a possibility of solving the problem. But it is hard to think that
the stable debian's the kernel has such a problem...

Thanks,
Hitoshi