[sheepdog-users] Testing snapshot-object-reclaim

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:50:10 CET 2014

At Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:32:46 +0100,
Valerio Pachera wrote:

> Hi Hitoshi, my qcow2 file probably come from a vdi conversion of 23/02/2014.
>
> Do think thins the issue may be related to qcow2 format in general?
> Or to that specific file?

I think it isn't related to the original file format of image.

> When you tried to reproduce the issue, did you run a guest as I did or
> done something different?

I executed a guest like below:
sudo qemu-system-x86_64  -enable-kvm -drive file=sheepdog:test -boot
order=c

I think there isn't difference between your way and mine (I'm mocking
your way as possible as I can).

> Let me know if there are test I may run to help you.

Thanks a lot. If you have time, could you run the test with other
filesystems like jfs, btrfs, etc? It seems that you are using ext4
currently (and xfs in the past?). I want to know that the problem
depends on filesystem (of course it is hard to imagine).

Thanks,
Hitoshi