[sheepdog-users] failed to read inode header

Maxim Terletskiy terletskiy at emu.ru
Wed May 28 17:12:39 CEST 2014

HI!

Now I see next things. 3 of 4 nodes online, they are replicating as I
see via iostat and vnstat. Fourth node can't start sheep daemon. Dying
with this error:
May 28 18:04:42 ERROR [main] init_vdi_state(213) failed to read inode
header 80bb794400000000 0

I found file with the same name on other node, counted md5 and they are
the same. So what's wrong with this piece? How can I skip reading this
inode and start sheep? Can I just delete it?

The next strange thing is that when I do "dog node list" I see my failed
node in list(but no sheep process running on this node). Is it normal?
If not how can I kick it manually? In other nodes logs I see many
messages about error while connecting to this node.

Can anyone help with this? :)