[sheepdog-users] Is it possible to run sheepdog farm without zookeeper/corosync?

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri May 30 04:28:23 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 06:17:03PM +0200, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> Hi!
> Is it possible to build simple, test sheepdog farm without cluster soft?
> If it is possible how can I inform sheep where It can find another one?:)
> Marcin

Sure, most of my time working on sheepdog without any other softwares, we have a
local driver and use process to simulate a node on the same box.

With local driver, we use traditional shared memory and signal infrastructure to
monitor the membership. Local driver can support as many as 1024 simulated nodes

To set up a 3 nodes sheepdog cluster in one liner:

$ mkdir /path/to/store; for i in 0 1 2; do sheep -n -c local /path/to/store/$i -z $i -p 700$i;done

Thanks