[sheepdog-users] Unexpeted freeze of sheep on one node

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 12:27:36 CET 2014

> Can you explain those br changes?

Well...I have no idea.
Or the guest was doing something tricky, or I really don't know.
Sure I didn't turn on and off a guest 545 times :-)

> No smart errors, but terrably slow and then died the next day.
I notice such behavior in old disks: they work but they are much
slower. No sudden death though.
They are not very very old and they are all Western Digital

root at sheepdog004:~# smartctl -A /dev/sda | grep -i hours
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   099   098   000    Old_age
Always       -       1247
root at sheepdog004:~# smartctl -A /dev/sdb | grep -i hours
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   075   075   000    Old_age
Always       -       18299
root at sheepdog004:~# smartctl -A /dev/sdc | grep -i hours
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   075   075   000    Old_age
Always       -       18283
root at sheepdog004:~# smartctl -A /dev/sdd | grep -i hours
  9 Power_On_Hours          0x0032   079   079   000    Old_age
Always       -       15689

> You could setup a NC on port 7000 en try to flush some data to it from another node to see if there could be something wrong in a router/switch specific to that port.

I'll do it as soon as the smart test is done

> But aside to that flushing the node and add it as a fresh node seems the most logical next step to me.

Thank you very much for the support and for sharing your experience.