[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] Sheepdog v0.9.0 release
mitake.hitoshi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri Oct 31 07:42:14 CET 2014
Hi sheepdog users and developers,
I released sheepdog v0.9.0. This release has some important
long-awaited features and bunch of bugfixes. Quoting from
- new object reclaim scheme: Sheep uses new garbage collection
algorithm for reclaiming objects. Disk consumption of deleted VDIs
are reduced dramatically.
-- In addition, the limitation of maximum number of children
(snapshots and clones) is resolved. Creating more than 1024
snapshots or clones from single virtual disk is allowed.
- iSCSI multipath: now tgtd isn't a single point of failure
- VDI locking: opening single VDI by multiple QEMU process is not
But you should be careful about some points:
- v0.8.x and v0.9.0 isn't compatible. Currently, you cannot update
your existing cluster in-place manner.
- The critical bug related to gateway node still remains
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/sheepdog-project/+bug/1327037). If you
don't use gateway nodes, you don't have to care about it. The
problem will be fixed in v0.9.1.
You can download the release from the below URL:
More information about the sheepdog-users