[sheepdog-users] [sheepdog] Sheepfs' questions

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 08:13:14 CEST 2014

>    And use sheepfs to mount the vdi to use as a normal file system storage
> directory in two nodes.

Why are you doing this?
I think you must not access a vdi from two different nodes.
With the latest master that can't even work because of vdi locking.

>    When I try to use wget to download a iso file to this mount dir,I found
> that the download progress will hang for a while and continue to download.
>    This situation will repeat several times in the whole download period.
>    Can I adjust the sheep or sheepfs option(I have open 10G directio
> objectcache) to improve this problem ?

At what speed is the download running?

>   Can I let the two nodes' mounted directory sync for the same vdi without
> remouting ?

I suggest instead to export the directory by nfs.

>   I try to test Sheepdog block device(sbd),But I can't find the source of
> sbd in the downloaded source code.

sbd is a new feature so you can't find in 0.8.3 stable release.
You have to use master branch.