[sheepdog-users] Wikipedia Page

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 05:47:56 CEST 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 03:42:54PM +0200, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> I created a wikipedia page.
> It's in my sandbox waiting for review.
>
> May you please have a look and report your comment and corrections?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Valerio.pachera/sandbox
>

> There's also the italian version:
>
> https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Valerio.pachera/Sandbox

Looks great!

I'd like to add story from Taobao team to flesh out the story section:

At the Aug. of 2011, there began the effort to build cloud computing service in
a small team from Taobao. Back then Sheepdog was very unstable but amazingly
simple with a small code base compared with other counterparts such as Ceph. The
simplicity was the very reason why we chose it as our storage solution and we
could improve it at our choice. We have been making both feature developments
and internal restructuring towards better stability.

End of story.

For features, probably you could add:

diverse interfaces: sheepfs, sbd, http, nfs(under construction)

Thanks