[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog v0.9.2 probrems

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:02:29 CEST 2015

At Thu, 02 Jul 2015 20:19:03 +0900,
阿部 道明 wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm testing Sheepdog v0.9.2. But I found 2 probrems.

Thanks for your report.

> 1. When it start recovery, all vdi is locked.
>    Because when it just start recovery all object files are moving .stale directory .

This problem might be solved by a new store format, tree format. You
can use the format with below format option:
$ dog cluster format --store tree

https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/commit/6d3679a3ac47063b42d9bdf849bc52d73cfc36b3

> 2. While recovering, vdi access speed is very poor.
>    Please change recovery speed.

The problem is solved in the commit:
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/commit/09f3fb69dcf80675297f51237713a70bd0a7519c

> Please fix these probrems by next version.

Both of the above commits are not backported to stable releases, I'll
backport them in v0.9.3. If you have time, could you try master branch
and test these features work well?

Thanks,
Hitoshi