[sheepdog-users] Any update on getting to V1.0?

Takashi Menjo takashi.menjo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:39:09 CET 2016

Hi Glen and Hitoshi,

Also, will there be a point where we would be seeing premade builds for
>> Ubuntu, Debian and Redhat-RPMs?
>>
>> I look forward to seeing a "production" stable build that is easy to
>> deploy.  Compiling on servers is not something I feel comfortable doing for
>> servers that are targeted as production.  Its fine for dev, qa and testing
>> but not for production.
>>

> Currently I don't have a time for considering packaging. I'm ccing my
> colleague. Do you have any ideas, Menjo-san?

I and my colleagues have always thought that
packaged Sheepdog is important to advertise it more wide.
And we are already able to "one-time-package" Sheepdog because
we have spec (for RedHat) and control (for Debian) files on the repository.

So I think it may be necessary for us to package and upload
stable build *continuously* with CI tools such as Jenkins.
In the short term, we may also need to update how-to in the wiki:
https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/wiki/Make-package-on-your-own

Anyway, I'm not making any promises, but I'll try this issue.

Thanks,
Takashi

--
Takashi Menjo <takashi.menjo at gmail.com>