[sheepdog-users] Redundancy and High Availability

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 03:04:39 CEST 2016

Hi all, playing around with sheepdog on Proxmox, which packages the
8.3.1 version, but will be upgrading to 1.0 soon.

I've setup a test 3 node cluster and formatted it with copies=3,
installed a couple of VM's using the block driver - write performance is
really only acceptable if I turn sync off. Haven't tried a SSD journal yet.

 From what I saw in the docs, and in testing - you can only write to the
cluster with copies=3 when all three nodes are up, which isn't terribly
useful. Kinda negates the whole point of redundancy. With Ceph and
Gluster I can specify replica 3 and if a node goes down it allows writes
and heals the data intelligently when the ndoe comes back up.

Is this possible with sheepdog?

--
Lindsay Mathieson