[sheepdog-users] Info storage

Takashi Menjo menjo.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Jan 18 02:17:06 CET 2017

Hi Carlo,

It's possible by setting up two clusters;
one serves SSD and another does SATA.
For this, you can run two sheep daemons per server.

First, see slides below about installation (pp.14-15):
<https://sheepdog.github.io/sheepdog/_static/openstack-summit-2016-barcelona-vbrownbag-sheepdog.pdf>

Then, if you use libvirt, configure your virtual disk(s) like below.
Please make sure to use appropriate PORT_NUMBER:

 [..]
 <disk type="network">
  <driver name="qemu" type="raw"/>
   <source protocol="sheepdog" name="${VOLUME_NAME}">
    <host name="localhost" port="${PORT_NUMBER}"/>
   </source>
  <target dev="vda" bus="virtio"/>
 </disk>
 [..]