[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog as storage for a single node

sheepdog at koks.li sheepdog at koks.li
Thu May 11 11:01:15 CEST 2017

Hi

I was thinking about using sheepdog as KVM storage for a single node
machine. The reason why I want to use sheepdog instead of e.g. plain
files or LVM is that the snapshot and thin-provisioning are much easier
to handle with sheepdog than with LVM thin provisioning etc.

Is there any drawback or problems that could arise if I use sheepdog
only on a single node instead of a cluster (of at least 3 nodes)?

Kind regards
 Martin