[Sheepdog] problems

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Oct 28 15:29:41 CET 2009

On 2009/10/28 20:14, Jean-Marie BEGUIN wrote:
>> no way to make sheepdog working fine between machine.
>> evironment : ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 for 1 machine and ubuntu 9.04 x86_64
>> for 2 vm servers.
>> thanks for patch posted in kvm list.
>> multicast disabled in ubuntu by default.
>> I use smcroute for multicast. working fine with jgroups test example.
>> and I add 228.10.10.10 as a group.
>> but I got everytime only 1 server with "shepherd info -t dog"
>> ttl is 1 when checking with tcpdump.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please check the following points:

  - Did you set -d option to specify object store directory?
  - The directory is on btrfs or ext3 with user_xattr mount option?
  - Did you run 'shepherd mkfs' to start Sheepdog?

If it still does not work, please send me logs
in /var/log/syslog and /tmp/sheepdog*

>> by the way, what version of jgroups did you use ? 2.6.3 ?
>> problems with multicast daemon ?

I use JGroups 2.6.3.GA-1 in debian lenny package.
Sheepdog uses 228.10.10.10 as a multicast address,
so your multicast setting is correct, I guess.

Regards,

MORITA Kazutaka