[Sheepdog] release plan of sheepdog 0.2.0

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Sun Dec 5 20:06:44 CET 2010

Hi all,

I think of releasing Sheepdog 0.2.0 at the end of this month, Dec 31st
2010.

In this version, I think of solving critical issues for reliability.
The features which are not in the tree yet are:

 - recovery from total node failure
 - update metadata atomically (journaling)
 - some error handlings (e.g. connection timeout, disk full, ...)
 - fix races when accessing objects during a node membership change

If possible, I'd like to add a multi-ring membership patch to solve
scalability problem, too.

If you have pending patches, please send until Dec 28th 2010.