[Sheepdog] Performance of sheepdog

PCextreme B.V. - Wido den Hollander wido at pcextreme.nl
Wed Jan 6 21:14:05 CET 2010

Hi,

I have been following sheepdog's mailinglist ever since i saw a newspost
on www.linux-kvm.com, but what kept me wondering was the performance.

At the moment i don't have 3 servers with SMX/VMX to spare for testing
sheepdog, so i haven't been able to test sheepdog jet.

At the company i work we use a lot of KVM, our redundant storage is
build on top of iSCSI and DRBD. The performance is great (IOps), so
that's not an issue, but the waste of hardware is (Master/Slave setup).

The question that kept me busy was, how is the performance of sheepdog?
Yes, i understand that sheepdog and btrfs are still under heavy
development, but in this stage, how is it performing?

Since sheepdog really seems THE solution for building a real cloud with
KVM.

I'll keep following sheepdog closely and try to set-up a test
envirioment asap!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Wido den Hollander
Hoofd Systeembeheer / CSO
Telefoon Support Nederland: 0900 9633 (45 cpm)
Telefoon Support België: 0900 70312 (45 cpm)
Telefoon Direct: (+31) (0)20 50 60 104
Fax: +31 (0)20 50 60 111
E-mail: support at pcextreme.nl
Website: http://www.pcextreme.nl