[Sheepdog] CloudFS feature proposal

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 00:53:13 CET 2010

On 11/14/2010 05:52 PM, wariola at gmail.com wrote:
> Any plan to package Sheepdog?

short answer : yes

The sheepdog upstream repo needs one more man page which is sitting
around on my harddisk in incomplete state.  Once that is done, sheepdog
needs a new upstream release with the current set of software.  Once
that is complete the userland component will be packaged, and the qemu
portion is already available in rawhide.

Hopeful can find a package reviewer once this is complete - the package
is very simple, two binaries two man pages and an init script.  If you
are interested in reviewing the package, ping me offlist.

Not sure how far we will get on libvirt integration in F15 - which is
why this technology will be "tech preview" and may require manual
launching of vms.

Regards
-steve