[Sheepdog] Sheepdog Trac

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Apr 12 20:42:59 CEST 2011

At Thu, 07 Apr 2011 14:03:07 +0900,
MORITA Kazutaka wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I enabled Trac on sourceforge.net:
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sheepdog/
>
> Trac is a web-based project management and bug-tracking tool.  I plan
> to manage Sheepdog project with this.
>
> To create tickets or wiki pages, please login with your sourceforge
> account.  I'll create a page about Sheepdog internal protocol and
> Sheepdog roadmap on this weekend.

I added a page about Sheepdog design for developers:

  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sheepdog/wiki/Sheepdog%20Design

Sheepdog TODO items are listed in

  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sheepdog/report/3

I think of releasing the version 0.3.0, which would be the first
production ready release, in May 2011.  Until the release, I'll
introduce a sheepdog client library and create a test suite on it.
The tests would be done mainly on the following environment:

 - Sheepdog runs on symmetric machines
 - The number of storage servers is less than one hundred
 - VMs run on storage servers

I also think of separating cluster management codes from Sheepdog core
codes in the version 0.3.0; I'll introduce a cluster driver which
abstracts cluster management, and move all corosync related codes to
the driver.  This improves code readability and, in addition, enables
us to create another cluster driver which uses a more scalable
coordinate system such as ZooKeeper.

In September, I'd like to release the version 0.4.0, which solves the
rest of TODOs.

Any feedback would be appreciated!