[Sheepdog] failed to connect to localhost:7000, Connection refused

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:42:39 CEST 2011

2011/2/10  <J.O'Loughlin at surrey.ac.uk>:
> I've followed the install guide as per
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/Sheepdog/Getting_Started
> but when running collie command I get:
> root at kvm-dev02:/sheepdog# collie cluster format --copies=3
> failed to connect to localhost:7000, Connection refused

I have the same problem.
I installed corsync 1.2.1 on debian squeeze.
I substituted 127.0.0.1 with my ip addres in corosync.conf and run
/etc/init.d/corosync restart but 'ps aux | grep corosync' doesn't show
any process and I get no error after the restart.
No error also in /var/log/messages.
Note: I also turned on corosync debug :

logging {
        fileline: off
        to_stderr: yes
        to_logfile: no
        to_syslog: yes
        syslog_facility: daemon
        debug: on
        timestamp: on
        logger_subsys {
                subsys: AMF
                debug: on
                tags: enter|leave|trace1|trace2|trace3|trace4|trace6
        }
}