[Sheepdog] faq

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:39:30 CEST 2011

The command 'collie cluster format --copies=n' have to be run only one
time on any of the computer that is running corosync?
-- I already know the answer: yes --

Can I add more time the same node? E.g.
# sheep /mnt/disk1
# sheep /mnt/disk2

Does the data directory used by sheepdog to be empty? (sheep /store_dir)?

Is it possible to have store directory of different sizes (E.g. 50G and 500G)?
If yes, think to the simple scenario of two nodes, do I get any alert
form sheepdog when the small node is getting full?
If no, what happens?

I compiled the latest version of qemu-kvm, but I'm running an "old"
kernel (2.6.32), so the kvm module is not the latest one.
May that be a problem for sheepdog?