[Sheepdog] VMs outside cluster - HA

Christof Egner cegner at configo.de
Sat Jan 8 22:23:08 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm currently testing Sheepdog with VMs running outside the cluster. The
gateway node used to connect to the cluster is a SPOF in this scenario.
I was wondering if it could be solved by accessing the cluster through
load balancers (virtual IP address)?

Does it make sense to balance new connections over the cluster or is it
better to select one active master node?

What happens if a gateway node fails. Connected clients would be
redirected to other nodes. Does it have any impact to the clients?

What happens if additional nodes join the cluster: does Sheepdog
re-balance existing data objects?

Best Regards
Christof Egner
Configo Systems Gesellschaft für Systemlösungen mbH
Wittichstraße 7 - 64295 Darmstadt - DE
Telefon +49.6151.39656.0  Fax +49.6151.39656.49

Website: http://www.configo.de
E-Mail: info at configo.de

Geschäftsführer: Christof Egner
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Lautertal