[Sheepdog] Config for dedicated storage network and NIC bonding?

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 13:58:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would like to setup sheepdog on 3 hosts.  Each host has several ethernet
NICs and we have a dedicated storage switch available so I would like to
bond 2 NICs on each host (using 802.3ad LACP) and dedicate those to
storage traffic and have the VM traffic go out over a separate network
interface.

Some questions:

How is sheepdog configured to use a separate storage network to that which
is used for accessing the VMs?  Is this just in the corosync config?

Can sheepdog work with LACP and will there be any increase in throughput
over a single NIC? (even if not, I would like to have some failover)

I have seen mention of Sheepdog support in OpenStack.  Is this available now?

Thanks,

Matt.