[Sheepdog] Config for dedicated storage network and NIC bonding?

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 15:01:38 CEST 2011

On Wed, July 27, 2011 7:10 pm, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> Yes.  Specify the ip address on the bonded interface to
> totem.interface.bindnetaddr in corosync.conf.
>
> It should work, but I'm not sure whether it increases throughput.  It
> depends on your environment.  If your disk is a bottleneck, you
> wouldn't see any improvement.
>

>> I have seen mention of Sheepdog support in OpenStack.  Is this available
>> now?
>
> Yes.  You can use Sheepdog from nova-volume in OpenStack.

Thanks. I shall try different bonding options on the hosts and switch and
assess the performance.  I don't think the disks will be the bottleneck as
each host has a 4 x disk RAID0 dedicated to sheepdog.

How far off being regarded as 'production ready' is sheepdog?  Is there
anything you would like tested, test cases that require writing, running
or anything I could do to help?

Thanks,

Matt