[Sheepdog] Configuring Sheepdog environment

Gustavo Callou grac at cin.ufpe.br
Mon Jun 20 05:12:59 CEST 2011

Dear Sheepdog developers,

I’m a Brazilian PhD student from Federal University of Pernambuco and I'm
trying to configure the Sheepdog in order to test its features. I have 4 PCs
available to do such test, in which Ubuntu 10.04 64bits version are
installed. I'm adopting the Sheepdog package
“sheepdog_0.2.2-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb“, downloaded at Ubuntu repositories.
However, I’m not sure about the configuration due to the fact that once I
have installed the environment, machines sometimes are able to see each
other and sometimes not. What I mean is when I execute the command “sudo
collie node list”, there are machines that see that there is only one node
in the cluster (i.e., the host sees itself), others can see 2 nodes, and
other sometimes see 3 nodes. Another interesting fact is that, when I have
restarted the corosync and the sheepdog in all machines, such seen
configuration changes.

In a nutshell, I have attached in this message the logs from 3 machines
(e.g., named sheep1, sheep2, sheep3). Besides, I attached the corosync.conf
in which I have tried to configure the bindnetaddr with an ip like this
172.20.10.0 as well as adopting the machine ip such as 172.20.10.116.

Please, let me know as soon as possible if there is something that is not
correctly configurated at the corosync.conf or any other issues that you may
detect through the nodes logs.

Best regards,
Gustavo Callou

--