[Sheepdog] qemu-img convert slowness and high availability status

krimson krims0n32 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 21:35:51 CEST 2011

time qemu-img convert /dev/vmvg/web /home/spja/ff

real    2m12.866s
user    0m0.680s
sys    0m11.950s

quite the difference :)

I ran into another issue now, after killing the sheep daemon on one of
the clusternodes it seems sheepdog is unable to form a cluster anymore:
sheep: get_cluster_status(408) sheepdog is waiting with newer epoch, 1 3
172.16.1.2:7000

whereas the other node says "older epoch" instead of "newer epoch". How
can I resolve this without losing the VDI's in the sheepstore ?

Thanks !