[Sheepdog] sheepdog and RAID

Ski Mountain ski_the_mountain at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 04:42:46 CET 2011

Sorry about prematurely sending the previous message by mistake.
I have a question about setting up sheep dog.  Since sheepdog takes care of data
replication and node addition and subtraction.  What do you do when you have
multiple disks in a machine in the cluster.  I assume you want to raid one the
OS, but what is best practices for the directory that stores the objects.  Is is
best to start the sheep deamon on each mount point, or do you need to RAID the
multiple disks.  I figured that RAIDing the sheepdog disks would waste space
making multiple copies would be a waste since sheepdog is RAIDing the data.  So
would be best for sheepdog to take care of the data distribution and replication
or what is the best method.

$ collie cluster format --copies=3

Method stated in documentation
$ sheep /store_dir