[Sheepdog] Sheepdog doesn't work correctly.

TaoLin especiallyl at 126.com
Tue Nov 29 07:43:51 CET 2011

As I always go into exactly the same trouble that sheepdog might
suddenly stop working, I decide to find it out.All the paces have
been carefully recorded during a test and here we go:

Tue Nov 29 13:29:19 EST 2011

I attempted to install ubuntu with kvm.
[root at novanode1 /home/sae]# sheep /home/sae/sheep
 *
[root at novanode1 /home/sae]# collie cluster format --copies=3

[root at novanode1 /home/sae]# collie vdi create ubuntu 5G

[root at novanode1 /home/sae]# kvm -hda sheepdog:ubuntu -vnc :4 -cdrom *iso

*:root at novanode1 had an ip-address of 10.210.77.12

Tue Nov 29 13:47:46 EST 2011

The installation had been a success.Now that a vm had been installed,
I began to test it using bonnie++.

Everything seemed to be OK.

Tue Nov 29 13:53:00 EST 2011

I added a complete new node to the system during the vm was running
bonnie++(bonnie++ was excuting this command:
bonnie -d iotest -r 256 -s 512 -u 0).

root at novacontroler:/home/sae# sheep /home/sae/sheep

root at novacontroler:/home/sae# collie node list

   Idx - Host:Port          Vnodes       Zone

     0 - 10.210.77.11:7000   	64  189649418

     1 - 10.210.77.12:7000   	64  206426634

Somehow, errors occured,  as the vm suddenly rebooted itselft or
something like this and the vm told me to login, what is more, all the processes
I had started were killed.
Even the mouse refused to  work any more!

PS: I have also kept sheeps'  logs and I can send them to you if it is necessary.