[Sheepdog] Current OpenStack compatibility for sheepdog?

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 04:29:56 CET 2011

On 11/02/2011 11:21 PM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:>

>> Final question today: can you please remind me what the issues were with
>> creating a block driver for Xen -was it the difference between the Xen
>> version of qemu and the KVM version?  Is this possible and where would the
>> changes need to be made to make sheepdog equally support Xen and KVM?
>
> Yes, if we add a blktap driver for Sheepdog, we can use Sheepdog from
> Xen-based virtual machines, I guess.  There is no technical reason we
> can't use Sheepdog VDIs from other clients.  I hope someone would work
> on implementing the Xen blktap driver. :)

I have been involving with xen dev for sometime long ago when I was
student and I have just checked the xen qemu-dm status, found that they
are going to use upstream qemu.

It is already maintained by the xen-qemu devver Stefano Stabellini.

see
git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/qemu-dm.git

I git-cloned this repo, and verified that it does support sheepdog block
driver.

But not sure when they will use up-stream synced qemu-dm.

Thanks,
Yuan