[Sheepdog] Current OpenStack compatibility for sheepdog?

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:22:45 CET 2011

On Wed, November 2, 2011 3:21 pm, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> Personally, I'd like to integrate with CloudStack too.

What is it that you like about CloudStack?  I have not come across it
before but it looks pretty good.

> Yes, if we add a blktap driver for Sheepdog, we can use Sheepdog from
> Xen-based virtual machines, I guess.  There is no technical reason we
> can't use Sheepdog VDIs from other clients.  I hope someone would work
> on implementing the Xen blktap driver. :)

Equal support for kvm and Xen would be great and increase the potential
userbase of sheepdog a lot I imagine.  Integrating sheepdog into something
like Xen Cloud Platform would be particularly awesome and it may happen
one day if Xen finally starts to use upstream qemu.

Thanks,

Matt.