[Sheepdog] node hot-add and auto-failover

kalos kalos.nerd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:24:38 CET 2011

Hi,

first of all, congratulations for your work and thank you for sharing
such an interesting project.

After testing it last night, a couple of questions arose:

1 - I tried to hot-add a node to my cluster and noticed that blocks
wouldn't be replicated on this new node: in order to make them replicate
I had to manually restart the sheep daemon on this new added node.
In fact not only the blocks did not replicate themselves on the new
node, but the node itself was not seen by other nodes of the cluster.
The command "collie node list" clearly showed this.

I followed the exact same steps found in the wiki, using myself a 64bit
debian squeeze platform.

2 - Is auto-failover present in sheepdog at any rate?

Thank you, keep up the good work.

--
kalos