[Sheepdog] Use a dedicate nic for sync and other questions

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:23:53 CEST 2011

2011/9/1 Dan Luedtke <maildanrl at googlemail.com>:
> Do you use dedicated NIC for syncing?

No and I was wondering the way to achive that.
I guest by the parameter "bindnetaddr" in /etc/corosync/corosync.conf right?
Using the address of a nice that is not the one I bridge with qemu-kvm.

I was also wondering if this scenario is possible:
sda6 /mnt/sheep_data1  -> sync by eth0
sdb6 /mnt/sheep_data2  -> sync by eth1

This way one disk is served by one nic.
Do you think it's possible?

PS:
I think it's not the best Idea to have more than one sheepdog
directory per node, becaus if the node goes down, much more data goes
down too!
A good shenario for me is 3 nodes with 2 disks each that form raid 0
md device and 2 gigbit nics.
This way the sync could use the full speed of a dedicated nic (1Gbit ~
125MB/s) without full fill the disk I/O capacity.
A "normal" sata disk has 60-80 MB/s write speed, a raid 0 is double,
so close to or more than max theorical nic speed.

node1 (sda/sdb) -> eth0 sync
                        -> eth1 bridge for kvm guests