[Sheepdog] PATCH S003: Handle master crashing before sending JOIN request

Shevek shevek at anarres.org
Fri Apr 27 02:15:08 CEST 2012

There are a number of races around join/leave. We have written and
tested fixes for some of them. Here is the first of these patches to
sheepdog.

This fixes one of the cases described by Huxinwei and Liu Yuan where
sheepdog fails to elect a master. A longer description is in the patch.

We have not reviewed the equivalent functionality in other cluster
drivers.

Other fixes will follow in the next few days when we get them
sufficiently cleaned up. We will love test results.

S.