[Sheepdog] Next version and user documentation

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:21:59 CEST 2012

On 04/26/2012 03:12 PM, David Douard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there has been a while since the publication of version 0.3.0. Are you
> planning an official release soon? If so, will there be a
> changelog/what's new documentation?
>
> If so, there is IMHO a huge need for more documentation (as always, I
> know). The README is a nice quickstart guide, but there is no real user
> or admin documentation answering things like:
>
> - how do I configure sheepdog? (and what can be configured?),
> - what are the available stores? How do I choose/configure a backend
> store? should I consider using farm? how?
> - and most important: how do I recover from critical situations? what to
> be aware of when a critical situation occurs? etc.
>
> Following the mailing list for a little while, I've noticed that some of
> the missing informations can be found in the mailing list.
>

> So, are you planning an official release soon? And do you plan to
> improve user documentation?

Hi David,
	Thanks for your dedicated work on sheepdog. Yes, I think we should
provide at least a user guide in 'doc' directory along with source code.
I'll patch up a new file dedicated for it, though it might be incomplete
with biased viewpoint, then anyone can patch upon it for improvement.

	For official release, I guess Kazum will give a better and
authoritative answer.

Thanks,
Yuan