[sheepdog] Converting config file

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:02:13 CEST 2012

On 08/12/2012 08:55 AM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> I really wonder if we need to introduce several versions of config
> file for the next release.

I don't think we must introduce config version handling on virtually
every commit frequency (as is now).

I think we should design a complete clean config handling mechanism at
the release 0.5 and provide a shell script to translate 0.4 format to
0.5 format if needed. From then on, the new config mechanism should
always be backward compatible in c code level instead of manual scripting.

For relative frequent release cycle like Jens', he can provide its own
scripts to update config file locally in the package.

Thanks,
Yuan