[Sheepdog] guestfish manipulate a sheepdog vdi?

Bryan Whitehead driver at megahappy.net
Thu Jan 19 04:00:24 CET 2012

I'm trying to move away from using qcow2 and instead use sheepdog.

I've gone through the hoops of getting sheepdog running with qemu/kvm.
I can boot/run from a sheepdog VDI, but taking a snapshot and rebasing
a new vdi for another instance I'm left without a way to manipulate
the newly created vdi.

qemu-img -p convert centos6-base.qcow2 sheepdog:centos6-base
qemu-img snapshot -c snaptest0 sheepdog:centos6-base
qemu-img create -b sheepdog:centos6-base:1 sheepdog:test

after a virt-clone domain, and virsh edit newdomain I can boot sheepdog:test

But running this:
guestfish -d newdomain -i < guestfish-commands.txt (this doesn't work)

does not work. seems the hooks from guestfish->qemu are different?

-Bryan