[sheepdog] master_idx question

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 08:02:22 CEST 2012

On 07/20/2012 01:57 PM, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
>>> Please can someone explain?
>>>

>> It is leftover from old code, it can be removed entirely.
>
> There are also comment about mastership transfer, so I am a bit
> confused. Do we have a master or not?

Master is internal concept known by the code, which is used to manage
the node join (check if it is allowed in).

Master transfer only happens when we try to boot up a previously crashed
cluster which might has different epoch, so mastership is transferred to
highest epoch node.

For admins, he isn't supposed to know which is the master.

Thanks,
Yuan