[Sheepdog] sheepdo in libvirt

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Wed Mar 14 19:19:14 CET 2012

> On 03/14/2012 07:24 AM, David Douard wrote:
> > storage.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way of creating a sheepdog-based pool?
> >
> > PS: I am using libvirt 0.9.8 from debian squeeze backports for now.
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > David

> Hi,

Hi

> Does README in the source help? I don't use libvirt, so sorry I don't know
> how to create a sheepdog storage cluster.

Nope. It explain how to use sheepdog with qemu/kvm only (unless I miss
something).

Libvirt support sheepdog for creating a domain (a virtual guest), but has no
storage for "network" pools (aka sheepdog, ceph and nbd). I am aware this is
not directly a sheepdog feature (it's a libvirt one), but as long as it's not
available, it makes using sheepdog in most environments much more difficult).

This require some work, and I was wondering if anyone around here is working
on. I think I saw something about this missing feature for ceph volumes (as
soon as libvirt support one if the available network-based pools, implementing
other backends should be easy).

David