[Sheepdog] Next version and user documentation

Matthew Law matt at webcontracts.co.uk
Fri May 4 18:01:59 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 4:49 pm, David Douard wrote:
> I've filled a bug on Debian to ask for a new upstream release:
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=671466
>
> Guido Günther (maintainer of the package) quickly responded that:
>
> 1/ he does not have time to do the job and would accept help on this
> (what a surprise :-) )
> 2/ it requires also an upgrade of corosync,
> 3/ if he gets some help at maintaining the package, he sees no objection
> at uploading it for sid (then wheezy).
>

> Anyone interested in helping him?
>
> I for myself might propose my help but I have no knowledge of sheepdog
> code, and poor knowledge in Debian packaging, (and I do not have "free"
> time for this, but I need it, so...).

I would like to help.  I too have little time, however a stable production
sheepdog setup would be of great benefit so anything I can do to push it
in that direction I will :-)

I have only played with sheepdog compared to most people on this list so I
need to know the consensus is on stability for sheepdog and corosync?  Is
corosync still the preferred option and if so what version?  Anything else
I need to know?  Are people willing to pitch in with testing pre-release
debian builds?

Thanks,

Matt.