[Sheepdog] zookeeper vs. corosync

Yunkai Zhang yunkai.me at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:11:43 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM, David Douard <david.douard at logilab.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm beginning to look at the debian package for sheepdog (which ships
> 0.2.4 only). For now, the package only support corosync. I am wondering
> if the zookeeper backend should be supported in debian.

I think the best way to use sheepdog is fetching source code from github:
$ git clone git://github.com/collie/sheepdog.git

You can get more help from here: http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog

> What are the differences between zookeper and corosync for managing a
> sheepdog cluster?

According our testing, corosync just supports about 20 nodes cluster,
zookeeper can support more than 1000 nodes.

> BTW, what are the required versions of corosync and zookeeper for
> sheepdog 0.3.0 to work reliably? And for the current master source code
> (to prepare the packaging of the next version)?

We now use zookeeper 3.4.3, I think higher version can also work well.

> David
>
> --

Yunkai Zhang
Work at Taobao