[Sheepdog] [PACH, RFC] sheep: use atomic for the vnode_info refcount outside the main thread

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue May 8 10:03:01 CEST 2012

On 05/08/2012 03:51 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> As said I'd love to take atomic from somewhere else.  I also thing using
> RCU in an architecture like the sheep daemon is a bad idea, please
> explain the use case for your queue, and why you think RCU is a good
> fit.

Fuse support async reads by using threads to send requests from read(),
so sheepfs which export sheepfs volume as a file make use of this
feature too and thus will get a high concurrent read requests in
sheepfs_read() for volume. Every read() need a socket fd to transport
data between the file and the sheep storage. I am planing to implement a
socket pool to accelerate this process. So I want to implement this
socket pool no top of a lock-free data structure.

Thanks,
Yuan