[Sheepdog] Sheepdog 0.4.0 schedule and plan

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue May 15 03:50:03 CEST 2012

On 05/15/2012 01:31 AM, Shawn Moore wrote:

> If I had to list them in order of importance for us, it's:
>
> 1. reclaim unused objects automatically

I want to mention that Farm doesn't have this issue.

Kazum and I have tried to address this issue for Simple store, but
unfortunately no a simple yet efficient method coming out. This problem
is more difficult than it looks, due to independent node recovering and
it is very hard to reach agreement for a distributed system without
simple mechanism. (need paxos?)

Thanks,
Yuan