[sheepdog] [Sheepdog] Sheepdog 0.4.0 schedule and plan

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Thu May 17 04:25:55 CEST 2012

On 05/17/2012 03:16 AM, Shawn Moore wrote:

>> an
> Below is my testing about the reclaiming of space in farm.  This was
> tested with latest source pulled today.  Feel free to rename the
> thread if you want to.

Thanks very much for your detailed test process, it is really informative.

> Add up all these sizes and you get 132 MB, which is 128MB (data) plus
> 4MB for 8040687a00000000 (not sure what is? Index?) file.

8040687a00000000 is the meta data object (inode object), which contains
bitmap of which object is really allocated and other stuff to allow us
do snapshot and COW for a dedicated VDI.

Well, I too think it is a problem for sheepdog to run as a long term
system, and snapshot's creation and deletion is really most normal
process to take. We'll see to this issue soon.

Thanks,
Yuan