[sheepdog] [sheepdog-users] Sheepdog 0.6.0 schedule and todos

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Nov 6 09:10:21 CET 2012

Hi,

>>- journaling to boost performance

One thing that could be great with journal, is something like slog device with zfs or nvram with netapp san.

random writes are going to a fast journal (ssd, nvram,...) then are flushed sequentially each X seconds to slower disks.

With these setup, I can achieve easily 12000iops of random write with around 10x 7200K drives.

Regards,

Alexandre