[sheepdog] Sheepfs cannot work for me

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 11:17:13 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have installed sheepdog successfully on my Debian
Wheezy distro but Sheepfs cannot work for me successfully.

Install and init sheepdog
==================
root at node1:~# collie cluster format
    __
   ()'`;
   /\|`
  /  |   Caution! The cluster is not empty.
(/_)_|_  Are you sure you want to continue? [yes/no]: yes
using backend plain store
root at node1:~# collie vdi create test 10G
root at node1:~# col
col       colcrt    collie    colormgr  colrm     column
root at node1:~# collie vdi list
  Name        Id    Size    Used  Shared    Creation time   VDI id  Copies  Tag
  test         0   10 GB  0.0 MB  0.0 MB 2013-08-13 05:11   7c2b25     3

Use sheepfs
===========
root at node1:~# sheepfs sheepfs/
root at node1:~# cat sheepfs/cluster/info
root at node1:~# cd sheepfs/
root at node1:~/sheepfs# ls
cluster  config  node  vdi  volume
root at node1:~/sheepfs# touch 1
touch: cannot touch `1': Function not implemented

I cannot get anything information by command "cat sheepfs/cluster/info".

Would anyone please give me some suggestions? Thanks very much.

--
Thanks
Weiwei  Jia (Harry Wei)