[sheepdog] [Sheepdog]Openstack support sheepdog matters?

harryxiyou harryxiyou at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:03:36 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM, MORITA Kazutaka
<morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Morita,

[...]
> When I did the work, Cinder project didn't exist.  I added a sheepdog
> driver to nova-volume, which was a block service of nova.  The daemon
> was separated as Cinder project, so my code was also moved to Cinder.
>
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/cinder/api/cinder.volume.drivers.sheepdog.html

But the changes you have made on openstack are now in Nova branch or
Cinder branch?
If the changes are really like
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~morita-kazutaka/nova/sheepdog/changes ?
These commit logs are so ealier. In the moment, how i can see all the diffs
in the latest openstack source codes?

[...]
> Sheepdog has only preliminary support for iSCSI.  All the IO requests
> are processed synchronously.  If performance does not matter, you can
> use it.

You mean Sheepdog have not support for ISCSI or have support for ISCSI
with synchronous IO requests?

[...]
> I've not tested Sheepdog with the recent OpenStack, but I believe you
> can use Sheepdog as a volume driver of Cinder.  If it doesn't work,
> I'm willing to fix it :)

Ok, i will. Thanks for your reply ;-)

--
Thanks